Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman




I came across the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman in the Christus Victor Library in 1996. Normally I do not pick up "self-help" books to read but I did this one because the donor of the book, a HTLC member, had hand-written a dedication to her husband in it. That said to me that it must be a special book. And it is.
In The Five Love Languages, Mr. Chapman, explains that everyone is loved best in one of five primary love languages: acts of service, gifts, quality time, physical touch and words of affirmation. In order to really express love to someone, it's most effective if expressed in their primary love language. If our loved one is not seeming to "feel" our love for them, it may be that we're using the wrong love language. I gained this insight at a very critical time in my life and I am happy to say that learning about primary love languages has had a huge impact on my marriage. It's an "easy read" and may be the help you're looking for. Leslie Benfield

1 comment:

  1. Some things never change. Acts of love have been and will be with us always. But it is nice to have books like this one to remind us. Sometimes it's good to go back a reread the ones that hit it on the nail as this does.

    ReplyDelete